Telehealth, or treatment by video, is a helpful resource. If you are working from home, know that hand therapy is accessible with minimal schedule disruption. Also, telehealth provides the best access to care while minimizing Covid 19 exposure.
Telehealth may be convenient when you are working from home. Below are some helpful tips to stay healthy while using that home computer.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor. This provides stability, especially in a rolling chair. If needed, use a footrest to support your feet.
- A chair that positions your knees and hips at a right angle (90 degrees) is best.
- An adjustable table or computer station may allow for seated or standing position when using the computer.
- The top of your computer screen should be positioned at eye level. A window near the computer station allows a break from the computer screen, giving your eyes a rest.
- When videoconferencing, keep a light in front of your face for good visibility.
- Use of earbuds or head set eases the strain from holding a phone.
Still having trouble, call Active Wellness LLC for a consultation at 541-286-5445.
See more tips and information via SAIF, Oregon worker’s compensation insurance at the link below.